Friday 25 December 2009

Top Songs/Albums; WB 28/12/09

Merry xmas all! Although not overly merry for me as Poppy, our Westie dog who we've had since a puppy in May 1999 passed away today very suddenly at nearly 11 years old due to an until now undetected heart condition. So so sad - she seemed absolutely fine up until yesterday, but here is my final top 20 for this year;

Songs

1. Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart (1)
2. Cheryl Cole feat will.i.am - 3 Words (4)
3. Lady GaGa - Bad Romance (2)
4. Name The Pet - American Boys (3)
5. Elsiane - Vaporous (Re-entry)
6. Agnes - Secret Love (NEW)
7. Marina And The Diamonds - Hollywood (7)
8. Lady GaGa feat Beyoncé - Telephone (8)
9. Chipmunk feat Talay Riley - Look For Me (6)
10. The Saturdays - Ego (19)
11. Rihanna - Russian Roulette (9)
12. Caroline Jönsson - By My Side (5)
13. Girls Can’t Catch - Echo (NEW)
14. Donkeyboy - Ambitions (20)
15. HURTS - Wonderful Life (10)
16. Anna Abreu - Impatient (13)
17. Alicia Keys - Doesn’t Mean Anything (12)
18. Alexandra Burke - Broken Heels (NEW)
19. Rihanna - Wait Your Turn (16)
20. Ricki-Lee - Hear No, See No, Speak No (11)


Albums

1. Lady GaGa - The Fame/The Fame Monster (3)
2. Alicia Keys - The Element Of Freedom (1)
3. Name The Pet - Name The Pet (NEW)
4. Rihanna - Rated R (2)
5. Leona Lewis - Echo (4)
6. Anna Abreu - Just A Pretty Face (5)
7. Pixie Lott - Turn It Up (NEW)
8. Timbaland - Shock Value II (6)
9. Cheryl Cole - 3 Words (8)
10. Take That - The Greatest Day: Take That Present The Circus Live (9)


r.i.p Poppy;


5 comments:

  1. Hey,

    I'm so sorry to hear about Poppy. I too have a Westie, weirdly enough we got her in 1999 too, September. She's starting to tire herself now :(. I hope you had an alright Christmas despite the sad occurance :(

    My comments on your chart:

    Songs

    2. Cheryl Cole feat will.i.am - 3 Words (4)
    -Quite like this, very much a grower, but I prefer Fight For This Love.

    7. Marina And The Diamonds - Hollywood (7)
    -I've yet to hear this, but good to see her making an impact in your chart! I've entered Mowgli's Road into The Countdown for January. Jade Ewen finished 6th, which was not bad. Westlife won though :/

    13. Girls Can’t Catch - Echo (NEW)
    -Not heard this yet, hope it's great though! Am looking forward to their album!

    15. HURTS - Wonderful Life (10)
    -Finally found a place to pre-order the 12" from. Townsend Records website incase you are interested.

    16. Anna Abreu - Impatient (13)
    17. Alicia Keys - Doesn’t Mean Anything (12)
    18. Alexandra Burke - Broken Heels (NEW)
    19. Rihanna - Wait Your Turn (16)
    20. Ricki-Lee - Hear No, See No, Speak No (11)

    Albums

    7. Pixie Lott - Turn It Up (NEW)
    -I'm confuzzled!?! Did it not peak very high earlier this year?

    Oh and I think ChC is officially dead now. Zigs deleted me off Facebook, or deleted her profile - one or the other, so looks like she definitely had enough of it :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martin :D oh :o well I really hope your westie lives a few more years, we really thought Poppy would live for another 2 or 3 years, she seemed so fit and healthy :( so sad, hope you had a good xmas though!

    2. I agree, it keeps on growing on me

    7. Westlife :/ 6th is good for Jade though - I'm not sure yet what to enter into the BJSC, I'm thinking Elsiane - Vaporous as a tribute to Poppy - such a gorgeous song and one that reminds me of her immensely.

    13. it's decent although it does have a Halo crossed with Umbrella vibe to it!

    15. I don't have a record player :(

    I made a mistake with Pixie there, should have said re-entry (I must start putting chart runs on this blog haha). She released a deluxe edition of it on iTunes this week which I downloaded, hence the climb!

    Shame about CHC but inevitable really :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. 07 - I can't say much though, Westlife did feature amongst my votes haha! =/

    13 - Halo crossed with Umbrella? Sounds very much like something I would not have expected them to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 7. oh! how shameful :(

    13. indeed, it's still generic but not in the uninteresting dated way that Keep Your Head Up was generic

    in other news, we got a new dog called Bubbles! She's only a puppy - 8 weeks old - and is a Bichon Frise - a little white dog - similar to Westies but with fluffier hair. We decided that we couldn't live without a dog in the house, it was too empty

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Rich! So sorry to hear this. I too have a westie, Sheba, who is ten and know how hard it is to lose a family pet. Hope this didn't disturb your christmas too much XXX

    ReplyDelete